Monday, August 21, 2006

hanging on to summer

I am going to miss this.... that is what I thougth as I stood in my kitchen today, canning crab apples, The hampster dance party on in the back round and kids running through the house, summer is almost over and soon this house will be too quiet. In September all the girls will be in school. Yap that means the twins are off to kindergarten.
Oh ya sure I'll enjoy the peace and quiet and spare time, plus I know the girls will really love school but I still feel this sense of sadness that my babies are big enough to be in school. They where wonderful as babies and they have grown into wonderful little girls, it all happened so quickly.
Besides it has been so long since peace and quiet has been part of my life, not sure what I will do with it.
Well for now I will enjoy the next few weeks of summer.

No comments: