Monday, August 27, 2007

Grade one = Sad

I had a really good summer It started out relaxing and I felt that I had all the time in the world. It was a nice feeling. I really needed that. Now I have become more anxious again, there is a lot of things coming up on the calender and I know that anxiety #1 is that my girls will all be in full time school. Now to some they might be looking forward to the free time, the quiet house, but my friends I am not feeling this. I Don't want my babies to go to grade 1. I am really going to miss them. Most of the time I just avoid thinking and talking about it. But I know it has to come.
and now as I was just thinking about this I was wondering when we grow older spiritually with God does he have to let us go more? Does he get this feeling? I always pictured it the opposite to that. I figured that as I got older and closer in relationship to God I get closer to Him physically(in a mental picture kinda way) I guess when thinking again about my girls I know we have a closer relationship as they grow older but I have to be able to release them to learn and grow as individuals. Really I have no choice. And even if the comparison between God as a parent and me as a parent doesn't line up perfect I know that God understands and he's going to help me make this transition.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Hey Cindy,
I feel your anixety even though I act like I'll be happy when I have a little more time and sanity I know it's going to be hard. You can always borrow my twins when you need a little craziness!

Esther said...

Hi Cindy, Amazing that your girls are that big already! Time flies. Let me give you another perspective on kids growing up. Since our grandson, Matthew is so disabled and will never be part of a regular Grade One Class,I am envious. Continue to embrace all their growing up stages and enjoy every step. (I know you are) God Bless you,Mommy.
p.s. Can you send me your parents email.

Sister C said...

kris- I might just have to do that one day.
Esther- That is a good challenge to my perspective. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Cindy, you have no problem keeping busy from what I can see. I second what Kris said, you can come borrow Caleb if you want! I know, I will probably feel sad when my baby - Caleb goes to school too!