Monday, October 26, 2009

kids no flushy

Are you one of those parents that complains about your kids not flushing the toilet? You nag your kids day in and day out, but nothing changes?
I am a creative thinker and this spreads into our parenting too. You sometimes just have to find different ways to get through to the kids
Here is one I did recently. You might wanna try it, but don't tell them it was my idea.

We have dog as most of you know and he is large, ok he's not only large but he's hairy, lots of fur around his chin and mouth area. Since he is so big, when the toilet lid is open it is the perfect bowl height for him to quench his thirst in. Even though he has his own water bowl right next to the toilet, for some reason the savage beast prefers the toilet water. Not such a big deal maybe if that water was constantly fresh and in a clean toilet bowl. But that's not at our house. Now for any mother(or father for that matter) who has spent the last decade of his or her life working at ways to keep the house somewhat clean and fresh smelling, like I have, would agree that when toilet odor walks into the room you are comfortably lounging in, it's enough to make you crack. Crack down on the problem.
The problem
- kids no flushy
- kids no put lid down
- dog does as dogs do(very disgusting creatures)
- dog drink poo water
- dog fur near mouth soaked in smelly water
- dog drip water all over house
- poo smell wafting through the house
- mom smells it
- mom sees dog with wet face
- mom not going to nag again
- mom has fresh idea
....and so I got up from my spot, grabbed a paper, a marker, and some strong tape. I wrote a note and marched to the bathroom with no announcement of my actions.

Fast forward 1 hour-- Seraya went dashing to the bathroom, hand in position to prevent leakage, she paused to investigate my vandalism of the toilet, while dancing the pee dance. In dismay she looked at me with disbelief "but,..but,... mom!"

The note read:

5 comments:

prettymomma222 said...

Ahahahaha! Good one Cindy!
I too have that problem! No CONSISTANT flushing in our house ( I think they are TOO BUSY for THAT! They must think we should just be THANKFUL that they made it TO the bathroom at all! LOL )
Has it worked? ( no Ideas for u, sorry! ) I'm lucky my dog doesn't like smelly water. But does drink out of the toilet when clean. ( but again, not a prob for me as she has short hair! )
But I do have the smelly dog face syndrom here too. I call her stinky sock face! lol . She always smells like her stinky sock front feet.... and now to add to the smell, she is in heat and always licking THAT area. Blech. ... somehow the stinky sock face doesn't seen so bad now. ....lol
Good luck sista! <3 XOXO <3

Connie said...

You are very creative! Way to go!

Sister C said...

"They must think we should just be THANKFUL that they made it TO the bathroom at all!" Ya Amanda maybe that's what they're thinking.
.... I didn't really make them go outside, I told them if they didn't want to go outside(which could they would have to wait until after dark) then they had another choice, they could only go with supervision. So we did that for a few days and now we are not supervising anymore and they are flushing(most of the time).

Creativity works.

halfpint said...

so funny. We might never get a dog so perhaps we will be spared your saga :) unless Abby takes up new baby habits.... ewww.

Niki said...

hahaha! That's great! I can just picture you doing that too...hehe