Monday, March 03, 2008

someone wake me up!


I really want to keep this blog rolling and I am not sure why but it challenges me to think about what is happening in my life and reflect. Really it is for myself I guess and if someone else is able to be challenged and reflect as a result then God be praised. So here I am awaking after a long night of rest....

The spirit has been moving around in me rearranging furniture. I feel a tad violated but yet I know this is what i want... at least I think so. We can't go with God and stay where we are.( so says Blackaby) That is what I am learning from the Bible study I'm in. Going with God's plan is going to cost. I guess the question remains am I really going to pay up when the collector comes. and then I love the quote I read by David Livingston "Forbid that we should ever consider the commissioning of the King of Kings a sacrifice, so long as other men esteem the service of an earthly government an honor."
What kind of cost would I consider so costly to serve my King, in light of the sacrifice he is for me and the privilege he offers me in serving him?

2 comments:

Ben said...

What a great quote by Livingstone.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy.....I too was so struck by that Livingstone quote. We discussed it at length. May we each see it as an honor to be involved in Kingdom work. Love you girl.