Monday, June 01, 2009

I've been Labeled

Yap, can you believe it I've been labeled ... wanna know what it is? ..... of course you do, that's why you're reading this ...
I'm not sure I should tell you .... maybe I should make you write your guess....anyone wanna guess? .... but then again you've all been so quiet lately, you probably wouldn't say anything anyway...... What if I ask for it, and then find it wasn't what I wanted to hear? ..... maybe I should just tell you.


I wore purple, "but you're not old", I was told - I'm bold.

My opinion you should behold - "You're bold"

"Look her mamma wore that in the 70's, it's old" - "She's bold"

"What's the matter with you, you don't fit the mold" - "You're bold"

For Jesus I would rather die than fold - I'm bold


"You can't talk to him that way", they scold - I'm bold

Change the world or this injustic will make me explode - Let's be bold

I just can't stand for more religious mold, iiikkk - I'm bold

About my adulterous sin I told - I'm bold

Don't talk about me unless grace you unfold - I'm bold

My hands I will raise because to God I am sold - I'm bold

To Abba all glory, for my freedom is the reason I was told - "You're bold"



It's true I can be bold at times but you know sometimes I wish I was even more bold, bold to share the gospel or to pray with you the moment the spirit nudges, or to take a risk in ministry, to break new ground, or to be bold and confident in my words and questions and then other times boldness is not needed, because it's just time to be quiet (aka: shut-up), go home and drink a lemonade.

5 comments:

Deanne said...

I like your post.. I want to be bold too! I won't fold.

Hope you are well.. long time no chat

Deanne

Ben said...

I like your poem. You are bold. I love to be on the adventure of life with you.

And I was going to guess that your label was "hottie".

Anonymous said...

You are bold and crazy and one of the most fun people I know! Love you girl!

Sister C said...

Thanks

jo swartz said...

from one bold girl to another - You go girl!