Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's a Present

It was spring but it was summer I wanted; the warm days and the great outdoors.
It was summer but it was fall I wanted; the colourful leaves and the cool air.
It was fall and it was winter I wanted; the beautiful snow and the joy of the holiday season.
It was winter but it was the spring I wanted; the warmth and the blossoming of nature.
I was a child but it was adulthood I wanted; to the freedom and respect.
I was twenty but it was thirty I wanted, to be mature and sophisticated.
I was middle-aged and it was twenty I wanted to be; he youth and free spirit.
I was retired and it was middle age I wanted; the presence of mind without limitation.
My life was over but I never got what I wanted.

Author unknown


I read this in a book a few years ago and it has reminds me to live more in the present.

We are all so good at complaining and seeing the grass greener somewhere else.

I've been complaining about this cool spring. What have you been complaining about?

Let's live in the present, whatever your present is, love it for it's good qualities. The next season or stage of life will come when it comes.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Great post! Thanks for the encouragement!

Unknown said...

It's been raining a lot in Taiwan the last few weeks, but I'm not complaining. It's inconvenient, but we need the rain. We prayed for it, and God has sent it. I'm thankful. I will not complain.

Sister C said...

That's great Rob. PTL