Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What are you complaining about?

How can I complain about having a small kitchen when some families live in a house the same size?
Will I remember not to grumble the next time I am hungry because I saw what real hunger is?
How can I desire yet another pair of shoes when some people have no shoes at all?
Is it only because of the circumstances of my life that I praise God with such joy? Would I praise him with such enthusiasm if my circumstances even remotely resembled theirs?
How can I complain about slow Internet when I have the means to own a computer, a house, a car ....?
Will I still complain about slow service, bad drivers, not enough money or road conditions after the things I have seen?


In Zambia  I saw how I take so many things for granted, I realized I complain about things that would be a blessing to others. The complaints of the 1st world seem stupid once you have walked with someone who lives in a 3rd world. I appreciate how God is challenging me and I want to hang on to the things I learned in Zambia but I fear that as fresh as it is in my mind now; it will fade. Let's work together to end the complaining.

Need more convincing?

What are you complaining about?






No comments: