Tuesday, November 06, 2012

2 days till Zambia

So there are a few things I want to say before I leave.
If I die DO NOT serve raisin buns at the funeral and make it a PARTY 'cause I'll be in Heaven... ok so I don't plan on dieing, no more talking like that.

So in 2 days I leave for Zambia, Africa, I'll be with 9 other amazing people. We will either love each other or hate each other by the end of the 2 weeks we are together. I vote for love! After some 2 odd days of flying/waiting/flying/waiting/flying/busing we will arrive and be exhausted but we will recover and we will.....
-meet our sponsor kids
-tutor the kids at Grace Academy
-visit hospitals and bring care kits
-celebrate a big Christmas with the children
-go on ministry trips with the kids from Grace
-enjoy the children's company
-break for the things that God's heart breaks for
-rejoice with the things that bring joy to God
...and then we will return home with changed worldviews and Godviews and selfviews.

Pray for me that I will stay healthy, learn of God and be able tobe blessed and bless others as I go.

2 comments:

Charis Parago said...

All the best on your trip! I am so very jealous:) One day I would like to go on a missions trip and even take my family with me. I pray God will do amazing things and bless you and those around you. I hope you write a blog when you get back!

Sister C said...

Thanks Charis, I hope you get that missions trip too, we went as a family in 2010 and it was unforgetable. I sure will blog when I get back because apparently I will not have reliable internet access in Zambia to write while I am gone.