Saturday, December 01, 2012

The Answer is a Question

This is the follow-up post to Jesus didn't skip.

"What do you think of Christmas trees?" I ask Jesus as a conversation starter. "They're nice." he says in a pleasant and agreeable way as if he hadn't challenged me the day before. Let's cut to the chase I think to myself and then I ask "So what message did you have for me about the Christmas drawing I did the other day?" He answers in a kind voice not an accusing voice:
"Do you just say you worship me or do you actually worship me?"
"Do you just say you'll humble yourself or will you actually humble yourself?"
"Do you just talk about celebrating me or do you actually celebrate me?"
I know it is Jesus speaking these words into my heart because they hit me profoundly. I am amazed at his wisdom and insight. Plus it has to be Jesus; he loves to answer a question with a question. I guess I have some more to chew on.

I hope you hear and ponder this message also if Jesus is speaking to you through this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out the Youtube song called "Where's the Line to See Jesus?" Powerful and a song that I will be playing often to remind me of the real reason for this season!

Anonymous said...

Check out the Youtube song called "Where's the Line to See Jesus?" Powerful and a song that I will be playing often to remind me of the real reason for this season!
Jenn