Friday, February 09, 2007

More on the environment

I thought i might tell you all why I was led to post The one ton challenge post, since it got some great discussion going. I saw an article on John Travolta's Florida home and rather than feeling envious (many would and like part of me wants to feel)I felt like it was an outrageous use of the world resources and flagrant overconsumption. People say well it's his money to spend spend it how he likes, Yes it is his money to spend but it is one world we share. If He or rather we(the west) live this way the rest of the world is going to suffer from the lack of resources. This led me to think I could be frustrated with this and do nothing or I could take a hold of my own use of the world resources and encourage others to do the same. I can't make others change but I can live in a way that is responsible. It's not like I think one should devote their entire life to saving the world resources I just think we can all take a part in the solution no matter how small our part amy seem. and maybe it is not actually about the amount we actually save but the fact that we will not live to over consume but be resonable and responsible. Maybe I am out to lunch but I am willing to take that chance.

No comments: