Thursday, March 08, 2007

Jesus outside the IGA

It was just a quick stop at the IGA, who would have known?

Ben ran in for a bag of chips and some batteries, I waited in the van with the girls. As Ben walked into the store an old man, I'd never seen before, seemingly crippled with time and bad experiences came hobbling out of the store, leaning heavy on his cane and with a shopping caddy in tow. He looked awkward and warn-out. For all the detail I noticed, I really didn't look at him long, as soon as my eyes took notice, like a knee jerk reaction, I turned to look at the girls in the back seat. It was intentional, I didn't want to stare or even look- what if I made him feel awkward? or was it more - I felt awkward.
Joelle saw him right away - "Mommy there's a very old man." she watched him walk awkwardly down the sidewalk, not taking her eyes off of him. I turned back to look at him just as he had past the van... "But I still love him" she said, it was the voice of Joelle ..or was it, I instantly knew it was God. A direct shot to my heart. I physically looked up as if i was expecting to see him there and said "Oooh God!" -A plea for a heart like my daughters ....He answered and I felt a flood of love pour into my heart for the man. All in a matter of seconds. Joelle and I watched the man walk down the sidewalk her with a look of innocents and joy, mine of tears and amazement.

Jesus forgive me and make me to love you, truly love you, even when you walk by me in disguise. I pray for those that read this that they too will seek you and find you in the lonely faces and the most unusual places.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Hey
As I prepare for my trip now, I am hoping (expecting maybe) to meet Jesus in a way like that, however thanks for the reminder that we dont need to leave the country, or even town none the less to see Jesus! Thanks again

Dave said...

I feel that. Thanks for the comment - glad you like my blog. You don't by any chance live in Manitoba, do you?

Sister C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sister C said...

Dave - Yes I do. I could sense you are a little fond of this land or at least the people. Am I right?

*** I made a pronoun error in the previous- had to retype*****