Tuesday, April 10, 2007

20 years in a moment

The view from my parents living room window looks down through a small valley. Yesterday I sat there while everyone else was busy outside. I sat and pondered where I was and how life brought me to this place. How God had brought my parents, my siblings and my children to this place, even if just for visits. How it seemed only yesterday we were all kids playing in our yard in Langley, being kids. As i looked out the window it was like a moment in time capturing 20 years or more into one thought. Who would have thought we'd be here, now, it just seemed odd, so sudden. Life takes turns all along the journey. It made me wonder what God might have in store for us(me and Ben and the kids) in the next 20 years, who knows but God. I am excited about the future, I don't know what it will bring but I sure pray it will be the Lords will.

Yesterday we also went into the bush to collect firewood for next winter. Here are a few pictures of a huge tree my brother, Dad and I loaded onto the trailer.

This tree my dad will put through his saw mill and turn into boards for the house.

2 comments:

Kris said...

WOW!!! Profound thoughts you have there in the wilderness!! Thank-you for sharing them because I've felt the same way many times. The scenery always looks so beautiful in your pictures. Continue to have a great time and say Hi to your family from your family back here.

Anonymous said...

You must have some strong muscles Cindy (LOL)! That tree is HUGE! I love the view. Consider yourself blessed to be able to experience all that you have in the past & all that you will in the future. Take care.