Saturday, April 21, 2007

spring, sand and a story

I made it to the coast and I found spring. So Manitoba I will bring some of it back with me. Here are some photos to prove it.
My sister in law's garden.

Ariel got roller blades for her birthday and she is doing really well already.


We got our dose of sand and sea ... someday i hope we will live at a beach. (really hoping)

Ok so I have so many stories to tell but as I am sure you have noticed I like to keep my blogs short. for 2 reasons- I don't like to read long blogs generally unless they are very interesting, so I don't make mine long and it takes me so long to get the thoughts from my head onto the screen as it is, that I run out of time and I just keep it short. that said I have one story to tell that starts a while back. We'll see if it gets to be long or short, but I only have 1/2 an hour. so here goes.
In February I was driving along and thinking as I usually do. (My brain is a very busy place and I tend to day dream a lot) well on this day I was thinking about this trip I was going on to BC and I digressed to thinking about my friend Fatuma and her family in Edmonton then i thought how nice it would be to visit her some day and bless her somehow. well that is where the two thoughts combined and I figured in my brain if I would go during this trip it would cost an extra $300 -I don't have that extra right now and so I passed the thought saying "well God if you want me to go you'll have to provide." At that I went on to other things and did not think of it again and probably would not have every remembered the thought until later.... later that same day. I was handed a check for $300 and was told to be creative and use he money wherever I wanted. Can we say "WOW" and "Oh my God" and mean it. I think God wants me to go to Edmonton! LOL I am not sure I wanted to go to Edmonton. It was just a thought! But what can I do? My brain thoughts got me into this mess. Oh don't get me wrong, I am excited. ... so I'm going to Edmonton- out of obedience, curiosity, and to visit a friend. as to what I going to do or say that God will have to tell me yet if he has a specific plan, so pray for me to have the wisdom and insight I need for this task. As my profile says I want to be a willing vessel available when the king calls me, so here I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually the weather here is very nice +18. We have been going to the park & playing outside. We need some more greenery though. That is an interesting story, I will pray for wisdom & guidance. We miss you, Abby is waiting for Ariel to come back.

Ben said...

Oh I wish I was at the beach with you guys. Have fun in Edmonton.

Kris said...

The beach looks so beautiful, I'll pray for you already have every day but now I have something specific. Bryce is also waiting for Ariel, and so the twins don't feel left out Elliot is waiting for them!! Love you and have fun.