Monday, June 02, 2008

4 kitties and an evening of perfect weather


Last Wednesday at breakfast Ariel told me that she had been listening to Jesus and when she had asked him when our stray cat would have babies(she was pregnant at the time) he said Friday. She then said that "Daddy always says that when I hear from God I should tell him. and if I don't know if it was just me or really God then he can help me know.... so was that God or just me?" she asks. I'm firstly amazed/excited that she has been communicating with God like that and then to answer her question I am wanting to say God but I don't know either so I tell her that we'll have to wait and see on Friday. Then as we are talking Ariel challenges me to ask God if it will rain on Friday or not because at that time I was wondering about the weather for the African Children's Choir that was planned for out doors. So I paused for a moment and to do that, I sensed God telling me that it will all be fine no matter the weather and after that I never worried once about the weather. When Friday came I had, what i can only explain as, a Spirit directed confidence to keep the concert out doors even though the forecast said rain and thunder storms. The Concert had perfect weather, really amazing. Then when we got home from the concert we all went looking for Milkshake the stray cat. and sure enough we found her under the stairs with 4 brand new baby kitties. I looked at Ariel, and I could tell she knew what this meant but I asked her anyway, "Do you remember what God told you?" she said "Yes". We have all been thrilled with God's reality this past weekend.... God still speaks.

3 comments:

Niki said...

Amazing. Congrats on the new additions too!

Anonymous said...

That's my kind of story!!!!

Anonymous said...

love this testimony. You are great parents to give your daughter such faith in her conversations with God. Congrats on the kitties too.