Saturday, July 12, 2008

Will God really have a word of direction for me?

God thrills me. He is so so amazing....
When I am agonizing over an issue and my heart is breaking and I begin to think and mull over the issue. Maybe you too are like this, you know you need to go to God, but you delay, at least I do, it's almost like I fight it. Then eventually as if I've exhausted all other avenues of help, I do it. What the reason is I do not know because I know my God is more in love with me than I can imagine and he wants to help me. (And that is true for you too) so I Go to God in prayer and to his words. But there is a thought in the back of my mind "Will it really help?" I open the bible to the place I last left off which sometimes seems more random than planned... will God really have a word of direction for me? I do this yet I know I have a very close connection to God, You too may feel it, but yet we all seem to have this innate nature, our sin nature I guess, that wants to go it alone. This morning I was like this and then I read the words I needed from scripture. He is truly amazing for his words are living and active, sharper than any double edge sword it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. and nothing in all creation is hidden from God he knows everything in us. (Hebrews 4:12-13) Which is also some scripture that God showed me this morning. I am not telling you these things ever to bring glory to myself but to God and actually to get you, yes you, to go to God, the living and active God who knows everything anyways. Like I said I struggle to get there too but once you go to Him he has a word of truth to speak into your heartache, illness, broken relationship, confusion, anger, daily grind. don't delay because here is the words I was given from God today
Hebrews 3:12-14 " See to it brothers(and sisters), that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. but encourage one another daily as long as it is called today. so that none of you may be hardened by sins deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first."
Today if you hear his voice do not harden your hearts.
It may not be daily but these words from God plus the agonizing issue I am dealing with right now only drives me more to share this hear.
The answer to the blog title: YES!

No comments: