Thursday, July 03, 2008

Everything Must Change


As I mentioned in my last blog post I was working on finishing this book by Brian McLaren, Everything Must Change. I finished today. Some quotes from the book.
Today, for the first time, I see what Jesus meant by the kingdom of God. I see that it's about changing this world, not just escaping it and retreating into our churches. If Jesus' message of the kingdom of God is true, then everything must change.
This is our call to action, our invitation to move mountains and to reshape the social and spiritual landscape of our world. Yes, change is impossible through human efforts alone. But faith brings God's creative power into our global crises, so the impossible first becomes possible and then inevitable for those who believe

It was a challenging read but worth it and so glad to have finished it, now I have to start seeing how I can live it's message...the hardest part.

No comments: