Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Abba is Reminded


Interesting what is really said about the rainbow in Genesis 9 it wasn't really a reminder for humans but a reminder for God. "The rainbow will appear in the clouds, and I will remember my covenant with you and with all living creatures. When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth."

I forget a lot of things, I know I need reminders ....
Abba needing a reminder- is a funny thing, it makes me smile, I like God....Can he really forget?
Either way it's plain to see he wanted a reminder, so he made one.
Somehow I feel I can understand God better knowing this piece of information, and in a strange way I can understand myself better like I've been able to connect with myself- the made-in-God's-image self... I guess that is the point of reading the bible- to know God better, to connect with Him and to know ourselves in the process.

When God sees the rainbow He is reminded of his covenant, "never again will a flood destroy the earth"

When I see the rainbow I'm going to remember how near God is, and how we both need reminders.

The Earth will never flood, that's a promise ... but he didn't say anything about the Red River Valley.

No comments: