Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What's your excuse?

I have them and I am sure you have them too.

What's the excuse you have for not reading your bible?

I go through times where it's going great I read regularly.. meaning almost every day. and then I skip a few days and then I get "busy" and I read less and less and soon I can hardly remember the last time I sat and just read a chapter or two from the book that is my life.
"They are not just idle words for you—they are your life."
If Moses can say this about the limited words he had in Deuteronomy 32:47 I know I can say it about the whole life giving book.

I don't want to make this long because I am going to do a little reading myself, I just wanted to challenge you to join me and give up making those excuses and experience the life giving power of hearing from God's word.

Don't like to read - then listen.

3 comments:

Peter said...

Hmmm ... seems not an takers to respond so I will.

My first excuse is the same as yours.

A deeper sadder excuse is that I seem to deliberately screw up my relationship with the Father by doing something incredibly stupid and wrong which then takes me a long time to crawl back to my Father and start the conversation again. Sad, but true.

Sister C said...

I can always count on you Peter...

Yes, the fear of failure is a big one.

halfpint said...

Thanks for the reminder :)