Saturday, October 06, 2012

Travellers - Be ye warned and take heed - PACK

I'm not making any promises but who knows, I have good feelings about blogging again.

I’m going to Africa in 33 days! I’m so excited.
 I had my 2nd dream last night of how the departure may go down….. I think these are warning dreams. This is how it went - Like a good passenger I was good and early for my flight. Ben was waiting there with me to see me off and we were waiting in the lobby of the airport for the rest of the team to show up. The trouble was I hadn't packed yet, at first I sat there thinking about it and slowly letting the reality of this situation sink in. I showed up at the airport with nothing. Nothing! Early and waiting but I hadn't packed! I had one bag with me. I looked in the bag, Ben looked in the bag too. “You didn’t pack?!!”I had no clothes, none of the stuff we promised for the kid, no passport and no ticket! I saw we had just enough time to get home and get back before the flight left, so we took off for home; a 1 hour drive each way if you speed. I got home grabbed the ticket and the passport and got back to the airport. Upon arriving back at the airport it dawned on me that I forgot to get clothes while at home. DOH! But there was no time to go back home now so I quickly devise a plan. I'd go ask someone for their clothing. There was a hotel at the airport so I walk into a room were I saw a house keeper cleaning after a guest had left. The room conveniently had clothes scattered about. I begged her to let me take some of the clothing that the last woman left behind--- So weird, who leaves clothes behind?  I don’t know the answer to that but this is how my dream went; the room had clothing laying everywhere. The cleaning lady finally agreed that I could choose some of the items since they'd be going into the donation box anyway, so I started looking for the right clothing; I sized up a pare of jeans,  almost but too small. (They would have fit me last year).  Another and another, all the clothes were too small. Nothing was going right and by now I was very anxious that the team would be waiting for me. Everything was going wrong. I started to get suspicious at this point, do you know what I mean; the point in the dream where reality starts to knock on the dream door and even though it feels so real there is a niggle that it just might not be. The brain says “Wait a second hear. This is all too, too, whatever, it can't be real” While I was thinking this I started walking back to the airport were the team was waiting for me. I started imagining how I was going to face them and tell them what a loser I was for not packing…. But just then I was saved by "hey this is just a dream" real brain kicks in …. such relief......This is just a dream! Yeah!  I still have 33 days to pack!
Travellers - Be ye warned and take heed -PACK! 

2 comments:

Peter said...

YEAH!! You're back, I just noticed!!! I am also excited :)

Sister C said...

Thanks Peter. I was wondering if you had noticed :)