Wednesday, December 06, 2006

tossing in a stone

Listening prayer - Some of you may be familiar with the idea - to others this will be very strange. ( After reading, If your feeling confused it's ok, I would be confused too, You should start by reading Brad's book "Can you Hear me?" or at least check out his website or Blog)

I figure God gave us and imagination for a reason(many reasons I am sure) and that is why the things I have learned form Brad Jersak really resonate with me.
Jesus and I we have a place we meet; a beach. This morning I found Jesus standing by the waters edge tossing small stones into the water, so I walked up, picked up a pile of stones and joined him. We stood for a while beside each other throwing the stones in the calm water and watching the ripple effects. After awhile I asked Jesus," What does this mean?" and he said "Like throwing stones in the water and getting a ripple effect, is the seed of my love you plant in the lives of people around you, especially the refugees you now closely affect. Though it is a small thing now the ripples carry on to affect after many years." then I saw many stones being tossed in and many rippling affects and Jesus reminded me that the ripples of other peoples stones before me and around me are also affecting their lives.
This blog is one stone, I suppose, the ripples go where they may, only God knows it's effect.
and to you - toss your stones into the waters of others lives and watch the ripples.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Thanks for reminding sharing about how our lives make a difference. I know that you are throwing in lots of rocks here.