Monday, May 07, 2007

Confession


What is the hardest thing I have ever had to do?
Confess, confess my sin to God and others. Now I hope I am not letting you down by telling you I am not going to confess anything here today, accept that it is something very hard to do. I was listening to a lesson by Beth Moore and it was all about a time of pure confession to God. It is a challenge to me. during my prayer time, I seem to spend less and less time on confessing to God my sin and need for Him and more on my list of physical needs and requests. Honesty I can't even remember the last time spent time in confession. She says that if you are experiencing a time of spiritual dryness and you feel in a cycle of up and down spiritually, it means you need a time of pure confessing before God and not just a quick "sorry God"(which is good too but there is also this time needed for brokenness before him.)
Confession is so hard but we need to confess our sins, to God and to others.
The others part-
This is so hard I think generally we(Christians) have avoided it and avoided talking about it.
What shall we do with our confessions? Any ideas?
aside from thinking of an answer to that. I challenge you as Beth challenged me, to bow your head or raise it, however you call on God and confess, confess it all to Him and how desperate you are for his fathering in your life. and then accept his forgiveness and keep confession as a regular part of your prayer time.

5 comments:

Kris said...

All that you said was so true and really made me scrutinize my own prayer time. Thank-you for sharing you always make me think and want to better myself for the Lord.

Sister C said...

Thank-you Kris, That is encouraging to hear.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the challenge! I'm going to apply this to my own prayer time.

Anonymous said...

You got it Cindy. We spent the weekend at a Dynamic Marriage seminar. Huge emphasis on being open honest and vulnerable and we all know when we do that, confession will be a part of it. My desire is to be not only spending more time confessing to my Lord but to others as well.

sister B

Ben said...

Brad Jersak wrote about confession on his blog the other day. It was interesting. I thought I would throw a link here since it relates to what you are posting.
http://the-god-who-speaks.blogspot.com/