Friday, October 28, 2011

Keep the Sabbath

Ahhhh... Sundays. I look forward to Sunday's. In the morning I go to church to see my friends and fellow church goers, to worship God with my family, to hear my husband preach and to see the youth in my Sunday school department. I love it. I love Sunday afternoon's too because I can take a nap and rest(without guilt of being lazy) and do something different than all other days in the week. Sundays just seem so perfect to be restful on. It's my rest day, my sabbath day.

Last Sunday I decided not to take a rest, I felt the work load for the week was big and I had high expectations for us to get this renovation done, we're so close to being done. After church I worked on house work and renovations. I cleaned and sorted all afternoon and I paid for it in exhaustion all week. Ya it was busy, that's why I should have rested. I think I see why God designed a rest day for us, we need it. Ben and I both got worn out and overwhelmed.

Lesson learned - Take a sabbath day and rest on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true!!! I heard a story about a contest that was on to see who could clear the most land in a period of time. The woodsmen were amazed at who won. Why they saw this man sitting around his plot some days resting and they had never stopped. They were sure they would win. He replied "I took Sundays off and that's when I shapened my tools" :) Like you said God knew what he was doing when he gave us one day of rest out of seven!!