Saturday, October 22, 2011

The secret to contentment

I know what it is to be in need and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Phil 4:12-13


Meditating on this verse

-fed and plenty are about life when all is good, it's not just about enough food and material items. It's about the people surrounding you that love you and the energy, emotions and confidence to do may things.

- need, hungry and want are not just about the lack of food and items. This is about all the holes and valleys in life, the loss of loved ones, the energy drain of illness or age, the lemons of life.


No matter what the situation is, the secret code to access contentment is found only in acknowledging that God gives the strength for any and all of life. When we forget that, we look inward and find we are weak and focus on what we can't do. Look at God and see his strength and you will be content, you'll be capable of things you never thought you could do.



That's what I'm learning.

No comments: