Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Del

I have a friend in the Philipines she is preparing to leave soon to be a long term missionary. There have been a few delays in her departure but while she waits she has not been idle. Praise God for her ability to share the gospel.
This is what she wrote in her e-mail today:
God works together for good …

Upon hearing of my aunt’s sudden illness which led to
her death, my heart was heavily burdened for her and
my relatives.

I went to see my aunt’s wake which lasted by
the way for 5 days, .. God even encouraged me through His words in
Isaiah 52:12 which say “Our Lord will go on ahead of
you; the God of Israel will protect you from behind”.
I knew then that God will do an amazing thing out
there.

For those who are called according to His purpose….

I kept on meditating on that promise from God and
indeed He prepared the way. The second day of the wake
I was able to share the gospel with my nephew Jofer.
Praise God he accepted. There were disturbance along
the way but God’s plan cannot be thwarted. I asked my
niece who is a Christian to follow him up and take him
to her church. Please pray for the follow up. A few
hours later, I shared with my cousin Ric. In the
middle of my conversation with him, he suddenly felt
so dizzy he said he was about to pass out. I told him
will talk later but he insist we finish our
conversation. A few times I am almost certain that his
going to pass out but he said his mind is clear and he
really wanted to hear the truth. After we prayed the
prayer of acceptance he said he felt ok and relieved.
He said he heard a voice in his head distracting him
but then again, God was victorious. It was so obvious
that it was the devil’s work. Praise God for another
answered prayer.
The next day I shared with my aunt Ligaya but she is a
very strong catholic fanatic so the truth that Jesus
is the only mediator between God and man is very hard
for her to embrace. Please pray that God will open her
heart and come to faith.
On the fourth day, my cousin Jam approached me and
asked me about my faith. He works in Manila which is
like 4-5 hours away from where his family lives so he
only goes home once a month... Indeed a
perfect opportunity that God created. I was so
surprised that he initiated the conversation. He was
very open and I had no hard time explaining to him the
gospel. Praise God he too accepted Christ! He said a
few months ago, his friend invited him to a mid week
service and ever since that day he has been attending
but no one ever shared the gospel with him. He also
has a tennis buddy who is a Christian. Even at his
workplace there is a Christian. God indeed prepared
his heart.

Truly indeed,even in trials and bad times we rest upon
the hope that God works together for good for those
who love the Lord and are called according to His
purpose.

I thank you once again for your partnership. I know
that you have been praying for me and all this came to
be as an answer to our prayers. All glory and honor
belongs to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!


In Him,
Del

No comments: