Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tis' the set of the sails

You know the same thing can happen to two people and each one can take an entirly different road becasue of it. It is not our circumstances as much as it is what we do in them that shapes us.

I love this quote-
One ship sails East,
And another West,
By the self-same winds that blow,
Tis the set of the sails
And not the gales,
That tells the way we go.

Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Job - After the worst things you could imagine had happened to him, he fell to the ground in worship God and said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised."

Job's story has come along way on the winds he set his sail to.

God may my sails be set to your winds.

photo by Hal Bergman

1 comment:

Ben said...

I also really like that poem.