Saturday, February 14, 2009

1 + 1 = 2 x as much

Don't know what to say when you pray?
Take a part of scripture and turn it into a prayer for yourself or for someone else.

I felt this scripture speak powerfully to me in prayer this week as I prayed it for myself.

Ephesians 1:17-20
"I keep asking you, Abba, my God and father of my Lord Jesus Christ, please give me the spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that I may know you better. I pray also that the eyes of my heart may be enlightened so that I will know the hope that you have called me to(Oh glorious day) That I might know the hope to which I have been called, that is the riches of your glorious inheritance I have in you. And I pray that I might also know and understand your incomparably great power for me because I believe. This power, is the working of your mighty strength and it is the same power that raised you, Jesus, from the dead. Amen"

Maybe I'm paying more attention these days but I've had more opportunities these days to pray with people, specific requests, than I even have. Humbling and a blessing, and I think this Ephesians prayer means that much more in these days. I need to know God better, be open eyed, know where my hope is, be enlightened to his thoughts and know His amazing power and authority is working through me. Scripture has such power and then combine that with prayer ... wwheewww ... envisioning amazing things!

The challenge to you - Use scripture in your prayer time.

**If you're one of those fabulous people that prays for me and reads my blog, wow may God really bless you. First - thank you and Second - now you have a specific request, Ephesians 1:17-20 for me:).**







1(scripture)+1(prayer)= 2 x as much

1 comment:

Peter said...

I will