Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Depression


Every movement is a choice
Every movement is forced
Every moment is a fight
Every moment is long

I see no light
I see no hope
"you sense no purpose"
"you sense the end"

"Lost your will to call out?"
"Lost your will to live?"
Lost in this place
Lost in emptiness

There is a place so deep and dark that unless you've been there you don't believe it exists.
There is a place where some feel so beyond the reach of help, even beyond the reach of God.
There are people around you and I who are struggling to see hope and a future in their existence.
These people struggle with depression.

I offer no fix
I offer no steps
I give no wisdom
I give no understanding

I know one thing
I know one who does
I know who knows you
I know who He is

God your creator
God your life
Jesus in your darkness
Jesus beside you

He loves you now
He loved you then
He is here now
He is here forever

I have experienced depression for but a few days(a long time ago) it really gives me no grounds to understand or speak about the place people go in these times, but I have been burdened to pray for the ones I know and in that I have somehow experienced an empathy for these people in these times. It might be you. I am so so sad at times with you. From the outside looking in I see hope and light but you don't see what I see, you see darkness and ...I don't know ... I wish I could give you my eyes for one day.
Jesus really loves you and us all and he comes to truly set us free, I believe Him for my own life and I know He can do it for you too.

I hope, I pray
if you read this today
you'll look for Jesus,
He's near you,
that's where He said He'd be.

4 comments:

Peter said...

Thanks for the post. I have no experience of depression but have a sibling who likely wrestles with this as well as some from church has suddenly fallen into this. I bump across people who have lost partners as well that have been diagnosed with depression. Such a very hard thing to understand ... I think you have just given me a peek at how to respond.

Anonymous said...

It is true what you say. I have been suffering from depression a lot over the years. It gets hard to even move sometimes but like you say "Jesus is the answer and the light" I have proved it over and over again. "Jesus is the answer for this world today. There is no other, Jesus is the way.!" A song that comes to me on my good days. I'm so glad that you pray for us souls with depression! We really need it! : )

Sister C said...

Dear anonymous thanks for the comment and the amazing testimony. You are greatly used by God when you share your experiences. You are welcome for the prayer.

Sister C said...

Peter you mentioned people who have lost a partner, I hadn't really thought how this also would apply to them. I have struggled with how to help them ...I should take advice from my own words.... seems I'm learning in loops.