Monday, June 07, 2010

The Adventure has Begun

The adventure has begun. I don't know how to really feel about that, I'm terribly excited, almost like I'm living someonelses life, yet I am afraid, not for what is to come(like many of you think we should be) but now that this long awaited adventure has begun it will all too soon be over. But no sense wodd'n up my panties over it, instead I'm going to spend every minute living in the moment. And at this moment I'm going to share some time with you.
We left Altona Saturday at 1:00pm drove through the night and arrived here just in time to enjoy some of my mom's home cooking got supper and to help milk Buttercup.
A small thing but huge prayer request was answered upon arriving here at my parents. We wanted Zeke(our dog), who will be staying here for the duration of our trip, to get along with the farm animals. He has done really great so far -No dead chickens and Zeke and Tito(my parents Dog) are best friends already. PTL

Answers to prayer:
- I want to tell you God cares about small details. Like the prayer for Zeke, in the last week God has answered so many that might seem small but are just what we needed.
- Someone to help Ben in a pinch at the Costco Pharmacy to get our malaria drugs -Thanks God. Then I found out they would cost more than we thought but minutes after finding this out and beginning to stress about the extra expense Ben walked in with a card from a friend with a beautiful encouragement in it and some $! I felt the arms of God wrap around me in that moment. Wow! Why do I always forget God's provision and faithfulness?
- Another item we needed at the last second at Rexal drug store, that they apparently never carry, they just happened to find in the back and sold it to us for 25 cents! I was praying right there at the counter as they were looking for it. God rocks!
- Zeke getting on with the animals
- All the preparations were completed before departing, only forgot a few items - that we have noticed so far. What a praise!

Prayer requests:
- That we will follow the spirit every day
- That we'll have a uneventful flight on Friday and that our luggage will make it too.
- That Zeke will get used to being a farm dog (outside all the time)

My feeling today - Sooo happy! -I just love the mountains, hasnt really registered yet that we leave for Asia on Friday.

1 comment:

Maxine said...

Cindy, you make me cry everytime I read your blog! I am amazed and envious of your faith in God and I look up to you! Hope you have a incredible journey, (implying everything in the meaning of that word) and I am looking forward to read about it in your posts.

ps- I already miss Joelle and Seraya. The class just isn't the same without them! :)