Monday, June 14, 2010

Where our legs will take us

We went for a walk just for our first look around, lots of old run down
> building, puddles from the rain, beautiful friendly people, vendors
> selling anything and everything. On our way back we passed a sign that
> said baptist church we went to the door and there was a group gathered
> inside. The usher spoke English and invited us in. I looked at my family
> thinking - will they really enjoy this? - in another language and in this
> heat?? we have only been here for a few hours...my legs and mouth moved, I
> hardly think it was me because I did not want to go in. Ben agreed I know.
> We went into the church and sat somewhere in the middle were there was a
> pew open. We turned a lot of heads as we entered. Almost right away the
> girls complained and wanted to go... the service was not going to be over
> very soon. I kept thinking "why are we in here? was I so tired from the
> flight that I walked in my sleep into here." The heat was bad, there was
> no breeze. A kind lady behind us passed a hand held fan to the girls. It
> felt good but how much could we take. The man speaking in from bowed his
> head - It was time to pray. We bowed our heads and I started to pray my
> own prayer "Oh God what are we doing in here? Please help the girls make
> it through the service..it would be so rude to leave just after we've
> arrived. there must be a reason you have led us into this church. Please
> Lord why are we here, help us make it through." I put that prayer on
> repeat for a while -- it was long prayer. When the prayer was done I felt
> confident some who if we waited God would show us the answer. a few
> minutes passed - We had been there maybe all of 15 minutes, Seraya asked
> has it been an hour yet? Can we go?" Ben looked over at me-- we can't make
> it to the end of the service, I feel like I am going to faint. I see it in
> his eyes too. I whisper to him that he and Ariel should go now to the back
> and we will follow --so we don't make a scene. he goes I wait. Suddenly
> the prayer is being answered A man who can speak perfect English comes and
> sits beside me
> telling me that an English service held in a different place in the
> Evening is the place we should go, he understands we are struggling, with
> the language and the heat. I see we were led to this seat to get this
> information and so I know I can leave in peace. Thank God. We go with this
> man later to the English service it is a huge blessing to worship with the
> believers here and being led in this way. I was in awe of God. The last
> thing I will write is the writing on the wall in the church. Sorry if my
> writing it very choppy my time is short here.
>
> "To have ten thousand members who are Christ centered and spirit filled
> believers and to reach the people with the gospel and plant many churches"
>
> Prayer requests
> - We will stop feeling dizzy and get good nights sleep
> - the home tomorrow will be a blessing
>
> Praise
> - the way God leads
> - safe travel here
>
> feeling
> - surreal
> - happy
>
>
>
>
>
>

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I sit here reading this and I feel like I am praying for you at the same time...so thankful that you are experiencing these things and can share them with us! You are constantly on my mind and heart! ~Jenn

The Klippensteins said...

take time to rest. You have just had a huge change and it will take time to adjust.
Wendy