Saturday, June 19, 2010

We are doing much better.

Well the last two days have been wonderful. We are all feeling well! I
love life again. Praise the Lord! Thanks for all your prayers, they are
felt. Yesterday I had this great post all witty and full of life to send
you but then at the end I went to spell check it and it got deleted..turns
out Canada and here has the same problems - you have to save it to get it
back. So anyway, I won't cry over spilt milk, I'll just try again, the
only thing is I don't feel so witty today. :)
Any way here goes, yesterday we painted with the kids at Anita's home and
they had such a great time, we all had a great time. The other day when we
first met the kids I asked them what they wanted to be when they grew up
and many of them said Artists or painters-- even before they began. They
had been looking forward to it for a while.
The kids are so beautiful and generous and they just love Joe, Ray and
Ari. When our girls look hot they fan them and hold an umbrella over them.
For our girls ego - I made sure to tell them not to get used to it. LOL
all I need is our girls to come back from here more princess than they
already were. It was especially hot today while we were at the zoo with
the whole group.
We gave the flute that our friend Peter Wolf gave us to give to them and
they were so thankful, one boy started playing it right away. It has been
one of their prayers to get a flute, a real flute. Big thanks going out to you Peter.
We found this great restaurant to eat at. It is called the Monsoon and it
is a western restaurant, we were very adventurous to begin with and got
quite sick so now we are not taking chances with the food. Our appetites
are very small and so we don't need to eat much - one meal a day in
addition to our small breakfast in the morning that our hotel provides.
One fun way to get around is by Trishaw - a bicycle with a side car for
passengers. This is how we went to The Monsoon last night. It is a lot of
fun.
the Home parents at Anita's home are becoming close to us. There is so
much I want to tell you about them - later. The grandfather invited Ben to
speak at the morning service tomorrow, this is such a great honor. Now he
just needs the guidance to know what to say, pray for him.

Praise
- Emotionally I feel so much better
- painting went well
- kids are feeling better
- we have made some great connections
- the spirit has led in so many ways

Prayer requests
- for Ben as he speaks tomorrow
- as we plan for the days between our time here and flying on July 1st to
Bangkok (adventure vs. stick it out in the city)
- That our girls we eat the food that is served us at the home we are
going to tomorrow (they eat the western food we order but the food served
in a home has all gone uneaten, I fear this is insulting)

My feeling today
- healthy is exciting, I love this country and I'm happy to be here, I
love my family.

3 comments:

Sharleen Thiessen said...

I'm so glad your family is feeling so much better and that you are back to your happy self, Cindy.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are all feeling better! Keep smiling! I pray that Ben will have the words to say tomorrow and that you as a family will impact and be impacted by what you do, see, hear, and feel on your adventure! Miss you all! ~ Jenn

Peter said...

You are welcome. Glad to read that the flute is being used ... sure wasn't at my place!

Thanks for sharing your journey with us ... kind of makes me feel a bit like I am there with you.