Sunday, September 24, 2006

Ladies retreat (part two)






yes it was wonderful. As you can see from the photos to the right we beautified (chocolate facials), partied, worshiped God, learned to dance Latin, met many women, wore silly hats and were inspired by the honesty, humor and love that our Speaker Gwen Hagarman shared(that is her in the photo with me in a silly hat) Gwen is a very funny person and has a very honest way. I knew her from my bible school days, she still hangs around PRBI quite a bite I hear, so if you're in the sexsmith Alberta area and you want to meet her wear pink and tell her I sent you. LOL
So you might be curious as to what I actually came away with, if your not curious, well too bad I'm going to tell you anyway.... First off the worship times where so amazing, it was like the air filled up with our voices and the music and the walls could not contain the sound. God was worshipped. JOY - Jesus Others and You.
Spell joy by putting Jesus first -when we have the focus on Jesus first, Others next and ourselves last, we will experience true joy, what a challenge, to keep Jesus on the throne of my life, Jesus is my king he deserves the highest place. She shared a lot more about Joy but I don't want to Go on and on. But I do what to say one more thing that I was challenged with, challenged with Once again might I say (seems God needs to do repeat lessons on me quite a bite) Listen to Jesus, walk arm in arm with Jesus so that I don't miss what God wants to do through me, ask Jesus "What do you want me to do?" Walking arm in arm with Jesus means to spend the time with him and have His word close at hand in my mind, kinda like the one lesson from last years retreat that I did not do so well at. Praise the Lord He's so patient and is still tryin to teach me.

1 comment:

Sister C said...

the chocolate facial felt nice and smelt good but I really didn't see any difference in my skin, though I never really do with most facials, I think they are something you have to do regularly to get the full benefit. Thanks for the hugs, back at ya sista.