Thursday, September 14, 2006

Tell Her She's Beautiful

It was a beautiful sunny day in September and a comment was made that has never left me. Many things I have forget since that day but what Susan whispered to me, there in the back of the church on a most average day, still leaves a permanent glow in my memory banks and also has set me on a life long mission. What she said or rather what she gave me,(it was more than words it was a gift) was subtle but powerful. As she leaned in close to my ear, she gave me a hug and said "You look absolutely beautiful today."
God created us all with amazing beauty, we need to tell each other about it because as I probably don't need to tell you, us women, we struggle a lot with our image and feeling beautiful. Sometimes negative voices from our past keep coming back, insecurity and depression is high, the enemy is hard at work to keep women down.
Please join me and take on this subtle but powerful mission, to tell women you know how beautiful they are, inside and out.
ok actually it's not my mission - it's God's - he wants us to work with Him, just like Susan did.

No comments: