Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sin

I am so unqualified for this... but thankfully God is and he can work despite me. Since Ben is gone to the memorial of his grandmother I am teaching his living truth class.. on sin .. LOL I guess I am qualified after all ... Sin and I know each other quite well unfortunately.....

On that note, I have something odd to tell you, it's long and drawn out but stick with me if you can and yes I plan on sharing this tomorrow because I think it may have been a lesson taught to me to teach to them and maybe you too.
How connected do you think we are to each other? Believers to believers, believers to non believers
Who do our sins really affect? and to what extent do they affect us? -the small hardly noticeable ones?

I haven't all the answers if that is what you where hoping, but this is what happened to me yesterday make of it as you will, in the end I praise my heavenly Father the healer and the lover of my soul.

(approximate times)
7:00pm A young friend of mine came over to download songs off the internet onto her I-pod. Ben is helping her and I am milling about the house, chatting occasionally with them, helping the kids with the game cube and getting a night snack ready.
I notice that her song selections are inappropriate and very sexual in nature. I contemplate saying something, but I don't, I see Ben is a little uncomfortable also he carries on. Note- they where using I-tunes to down load songs, $1 a song and then the songs are on our computer until we choose to delete them.
7:30 I start feeling a tad bit ill, but not enough to really bother me.
8:15 My friend leaves with 27 songs on her I-pod. I am feeling much worse but I don't tell her.
8:30 by now I am moaning on the sofa, I call for a pail, I am so sick I don't want to move. Ben gets me a pail and sits with me for a few minutes, I haven't hurled yet but I have the pail ready. Ben has to go pack for tomorrow so he says "Is there anything I can do for you before I go pack?" a thought cross my mind, it's really odd maybe even superstitious I think but no I need to tell him. "delete the songs off our computer." I think I am crazy to even have thought it none the less say it out loud. Could this really be the reason I am feeling so sick? I had said it out load but I hadn't convinced myself yet.Or ratehr The Spirit had not convinced me yet.
8:45 We decided to confess our sin and pray for healing, as Ben prayed he asks God if this is a spiritual sickness for God to take it from me and restore me to health, at the moment he says this I feel so terrible I begin to hurl but nothing comes out(LOL sorry to be so graphic, it's relevant, trust me) He continues to pray that if I am just sick with a flu , that I be healed, I lay back down on the couch feeling sick but not so bad as a few seconds earlier. Ben finishes the prayer
8:50 Ben goes to computer and begins to download the songs.
8:55 I throw-up everything in my stomach
9:00 Ben is finished removing the songs and I am starting to feel much better
9:30 I ate some bread and drank some water
I went to bed early and never felt sick again.

You know I felt like one of those miracles in the bible where Jesus heals a demon possessed child, or raises someone from the dead and then says "go get something to eat and drink"

I am thoroughly convinced that I have no idea what that was that happened to me last night but I do know that God is so good to teach me through it and let me learn as a precious child like I am.

This was packed with lessons for me/us
1. Don't help people download bad music
2. Wow, we are so connected physically to our sin and to others sins too
3. God speaks
4. You get really blessed when you listen
5. Wow, God heals
6. Trying to be helpful to the up and coming generations does not override the Spirits call
7. WOW, God loves me so much, praise him, yehaw
8. Sin is sin no matter how small
9. We can not explain God and his ways

Maybe you could also learn these things from The Father.

Well I better go to bed ...the rest is up to you.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Thanks for being willing to teach for me. I know that you did a great.

Anonymous said...

God bless you for your willingness to share and be open Cindy.
Great message........we often think things are no big deal....I think God is trying to teach me that obedience to Him in all areas is a big deal.
Praise God for revealing Himself to you!