Friday, September 22, 2006

Ladies Retreat

I am going on a ladies retreat in a few hours. You'd think I would be all excited about it but I just can not figure out why I am having a hard time getting excited, I have resorted to thinking that this retreat is going to be such an amazing retreat spiritually that the enemy has tried to detour me with the negative feelings. The topic is joy none the less, how fitting at this time for me. I suspect I will be reporting back here on Sunday about the amazing time I had. God is always talking to us we are just not always listening and I find at retreats my ears are a little more open.. maybe it is all the prayer that I know goes into them. Last year I was challenged with several thing-, disciple someone, know what you have in Christ, be more intimate with your husband and to get more scripture in my brain and in my heart. the results one year later - I did begin mentoring someone and for one month I focusing on who I am as a child of God(Neil Andersons breakdown), I know mine and Ben's relationship has really improved on ALL levels over the past 12 months(don't tell anyone but -I actually started to initiate s e x once in a while, and enjoy it), ... The last one I think has not affected me yet, I still need to work on memorizing The Word and keeping regular with studying the Bible. You know what, now that I am writing all that has happened just because of last years retreat I am starting to get excited about this weekend. Bring it on God. Here I come ladies....

No comments: