Sunday, December 20, 2009

Mark 2

The first story(v1-12) is Jesus healing the man who was lowered through the roof. The part that has caught my attention is the miracle of forgiven sins. We often see the physical healing as, "wow-Amazing" but take the forgiveness miracle for granted, at least I do. I know forgiveness. I've experienced that a lot but physical healing not so much, only a few times in my life have I specifically identified my healing as a miracle. We, or I should say I, need to be more wowed over forgiveness because they are equal miracles.

Jesus a friend of sinners, Jesus not for the ones who think they're religious(v.13-17).
1. What does this say to our world? - Jesus is for them.
2. What does this say to our country? - Jesus is for them.
3. What does this say to our community? - Jesus is for them.
4. What does this say to our congregation? - Jesus is for us and we need to move out from our 4 walls and 101 self-serving programs to be Jesus to our world, country and community.
5. What does this say to our family? - Jesus is for them
6. What does this say to me? - Jesus is for me and I need to remember to extend grace and that Jesus is good news for sinners and I need to be their friends too.

3 comments:

Sharleen Thiessen said...

Your comments about being "awed" over the miracle of forgiveness were a good thought/reminder for me. I don't think that struck me when I read this chapter, but it's certainly something I need to remember.

Betty said...

A few things that caught my attention...Vs 8 - "Jesus knew in His spirit that this was what they were thinking". Sometimes that is a positive for me and other times I am sad that He knows what I was just thinking. Sad because I know it will have grieved His heart. Vs 17 - "I have come for the sinner". Some of the same thoughts you had Cindy.

This is a great idea Cindy. Love learning together!

Sister C said...

I love learning together too.
Thanks for joining in with some comments you two.