Sunday, January 03, 2010

Mark 13

Signs of the end of days- Any day it could be the end of all this, do you ever think of that? I don't normally think about it at all but as I read this it does make me wonder. The world seems to be falling apart, and I wonder, when I think of how long ago Jesus said these words, is it really going to happen? "At that time men will see the son of man coming in the clouds.. this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened....therefore keep watch... I say to everyone: 'watch!'" It has been so long since he said those words, what is God waiting for? .... I guess the part that makes me wonder and seems strange is when he says "this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened." Didn't they all die, we are all still here? What did he mean? .. I guess it's even silly to ask is the end going to come. Of course it is. Jesus said it is. I guess the real question is, am I ready and doing as he commanded in his final imperative of the chapter? "Watch!".

No comments: