Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Mark 16



The end but not really the end. Jesus is raised. Jesus is alive.

V. 9-16 I decided the ending of Mark is not my favorite. The "added" portion just felt wrong. After reading and listening through Mark I feel like I have a sense of Mark as a writer and of course Jesus, his subject. These last verses didn't fit for me and there is doubt in my mind as to how serious to take them. That said verse 8 is a very strange place to end too.

I have been so thankful for the accountability journaling here has given me, but I have to admit it was a challenge some days, I don't think I would have been so faithful had I been doing it on my own.

2 comments:

Sharleen said...

Cindy, I've really appreciated your blogging during our "journey" through Mark. Although I didn't always comment, I've been reading your entries (at least mostly), and have been encouraged. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Me too. We also had some real good discussion in our group yesterday morning. Many of the women took up the challenge. Great idea Cindy!