Wednesday, March 06, 2013

The Spinning Music Girl

Yesterday I felt like giving up this whole blogging for 40 days thing... but today I feel a little better, so I think I will keep on going, or maybe I am just too stubborn to give up. Though after re-reading my silliness yesterday I am not sure I will have many readers left but that's ok it seems if you're not up for the good, the bad and silly this isn't the blog for you anyway.

I had a dream last night that I was a teenager again in my parents house and I was having an argument with my mom. A gift she had given me broke( no details on how it happened it was just broken) I was ok with it though. The broken item was a spinning music girl holding a bouquet of flowers,; according to my dream I had been given the girl when I was 4(in real I was older). The reason I was ok with it was because I still liked it even though it was broken. I wanted to keep it. The argument started when my mom took it in her hands and was insistent that she would fix it and give it a new look. She would make it pretty again but it was going to look different. I didn't want it to look different I was fine with it looking the way it was, broken and all. A lot of teenage yelling and fit throwing occurred in my mind...then just like that it was over and I was into another world.

What does it mean?....

In my opinion 90% of the time dreams are pointless, they are just a combination of random thoughts, fears, memories and media jumbled together.
But some percentage could be my unacknowledged feelings?
And then on occasion they contain direct messages from God.

.. but that said regardless of which percentage point this dream falls under, I like to look at most things in life as an opportunity to learn something even if it wasn't intended as a lesson.

Question rephrased...

What could this dream mean?

-Listen to people and don't try to fix them.
-A broken thing can still be beautiful.
-Arguing with a teenager is futile and short lived.
-Place the spinning music girl in a safe place so it doesn't crack in half

What do you think?

No comments: