Thursday, February 21, 2013

10

Maybe you checked in today hoping I would be saying something exciting or challenging, well sorry because this will once again just be about me...blahblahblah..... you have no obligation to continue reading.

What you might not know about me......
1. I get obsessed about random things and I will spend hours and hours researching the internet on the topic of obsession. Examples are - goat farming, sailing crew wanted, circus disasters, The Seychelles or pigeon racing just to name a few.
2. I still play Age of Empires, the old version, on lazy Sunday afternoons or snow days.
3. I like people to like me... I want everyone to like me. It disturbs me if I think someone doesn't like me. I think I put too much pressure on myself with this one.
4. I have a lot of grey hair for my age or at least it seems that way because everyone else is colouring theirs and I can't tell.Most of the time and just for myself I have kinda taken a personal stand against colouring my hair but I have to confess I sometimes feel tempted to be drawn in by the social pressure. Then I ask why is coloured hair more desirable than grey?
5. I peel my finger nails off when I get anxious.
6. I dislike reading through the Bible in a year. I prefer a slow pondering/wandering read the bible in a decade.
7. I could mix steamed spinach into almost any meal because I love it that much.
8. When I pray I imagine Jesus and I am sitting on huge wooden deck chairs in the middle of a savanna grass field in Africa. The chairs were Jesus' pick and the location was mine.
9. I think this lent  I have chosen is a good challenge to get me writing more but I don't think it is a very good lent to help me focus on Jesus. It seems to be missing the main thing.
10. I read Elizabeth Esther's blog.

2 comments:

Peter said...

a few comments on your comments:

1. Really ... this is news :)
2. Oh dear
3. I like you
4. You know on this one I say color .... turns out that people judge us by how we look. Their problem true ... but ... hard to have a conversation with someone that is put off by their perceptions. Carol had prematurely gray hair - started before we were married. Colored then let slowly fade to white .. worked for her.
5. solution: Phil 4:6 :)
6. Check out Nancy Ortberg's book Looking for God - Chapter 1: The problem with quiet time.Online here: http://books.google.ca/books?id=BpuBDkU7kX8C&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false
7. Turned out OK for Popeye ... go for it.
8. Love this picture
9. Hmmmmmm ... got you blogging again though
10. I read your blog.

Sister C said...

3. Thanks
4. You have a point but no I am not giving in.
6. I'll have to check it out