Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Talk More

What is it?
Does anyone know what the picture is of that is displayed at the top of Cindy Street?
Place your guess' in the comments below.
My mom wants to know.

I've spent a lot of hours on the phone in my life. Over the past 16 years of my marriage I have only lived near my parents for 3 and 1/2 years of it. I have really gotten used to it I guess, but I still cry sometimes. I talk to my mom and dad often on the phone and if we have time(I have time) to stay on the phone long enough we can really get into it. I love talking to them. Yesterday, I was on the phone with my mom and we  talked about how difficult it is to really know someone by  just talking on the phone. It seems so much easier when you see people face to face regularly( but what would I know about that). We weren't sure about all the reasons but for one we figured you have to stay on the phone long enough to make it past the pleasantries and small talk. Nothing wrong with the details of life but it seems the weather, listing the previous days events, talking about other people and plans for the day take most of our time and it takes time to get to what God is teaching us or what our struggles are...... maybe there is more reasons for us delaying those topics than not having the time - it's hard to talk about the issues close the heart but it seems those real-heart-issue conversations leave you feeling so refreshed. Good conversation Mom - thanks.
So the moral of the blog is.....talk more or at least make it past the basics in your conversations with people who really matter to you.



2 comments:

Sharleen Thiessen said...

I don't know what the picture on your blog is, but I'm curious now too. Also, although I don't live as far away from my parents as you do from yours, I do feel for you in not having them close enough to have face to face conversations as often as you might like.

Anonymous said...

A sand cridder is making his home on the beach.

Mom