Friday, February 15, 2013

Freedom

  • Belonging/Love: Friendship, Caring, Involvement
  • Power: Importance, Recognition, Skill, Competence
  • Fun: Pleasure, Enjoyment, Learning, Laughter
  • Freedom: Choice, Independence, Liberty, Autonomy

  •  
    The other day the kids started telling me about a test they did at school to find out which basic need they are most in need of. I found it interesting. (Click on the 4 needs above to read more.) They each told me which one from the above list they are in highest need of and I could totally agree with each of their results. Seraya - Freedom, Joelle - Fun and Ariel - Power. Now I would love to do this test myself, not because I like boxes but because it's fun to see what they say. I looked for it but couldn't find it, but that's ok I don't really need it anyway. Without doing the 'test' I am pretty sure I know what my highest need is. I need freedom.
    My reasons for choosing freedom:
    1. I don't like boxes
    2. I can and will choose which word describes me without a test to tell me.
    3. The whole event the other day by the side of the highway.(click here to read the story)
    This event was an out-pouring of a need for adventure that stirs in me sometimes. I try to have adventures and carry-on with an interesting life without getting myself into too much trouble, that's why I did it. I need freedom from boring.
    What do you think is your highest need?

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I can get you a copy of the "test" if you'd like! BTW, my highest needs are Power and Love/Belonging. Fun is way down on my list...LOL!! Go figure!!

    Jenn

    Sister C said...

    I love having powerful friends who belong to me, I can get what I need...yes please:) Thanks Jenn