Tuesday, February 12, 2013

To Be Vulnerable

If you have followed my blog over the past 7 years you will know how I started out being vulnerable and real, I tried my best to give you the real picture of what Cindy's street/heart, life lessons and silly moments were like. If you've stuck with me you'll also know how sporadic I have been in the past 3 years and how private I have become. I have tried sometimes to make a come back but I have failed most of the time..  alas my die hard fans ....... don't despair!(or is that despair) This is not a "I quit post", though that might be a good idea instead of stringing you along for another year. This is a I-am-crazy-and-I'm-trying-again post. At least for the next 40 days. I am taking a challenge for God to blog everyday for lent. Lent is the religious word for the days from Ash Wednesday to Easter when people give-up something to gain a closeness of The Spirit, it starts tomorrow and takes us to Easter. So this is 40 days, minus the Sundays. .... Count it you sceptics, I don't have to blog on Sunday's! 
I sense God asking me to be more vulnerable and real; and this is one place for me to do this. Honestly I fear that I will fail and I am nervous as to what vulnerable means for me in the next 40 days. What will pour out onto these pages now when I am really honest and real? Will you find out I am insecure? A selfish wife and a lazy mother? I'm a spiritual mess and I have pretty near nothing but the basics figured out? What will you learn about me? 
While you get the voyeuristic high I get a nervous twitch. 
One of the reasons I see 'real' as important is because I believe we are all struggling and when we are vulnerable we help each other. When I find a kindred struggler in this life I feel comfort, I feel courage to go on. So, through this blog, if I am that for you then I find it is worth it. Anyway seems I'll give it a shot and see what happens again.
Or maybe I will give you a chuckle and that is worth it too.
Enjoy!
 
Or maybe this will be the most boring blog of the year, let's see what happens.
 
 

1 comment:

Peter said...

YEAH!!! Looking forward to the next 40 blogs. One of your big fans ).